The benefcial properties of crystals have been known and valued since ancient history. Many cultures, such as the Chinese and Egyptian, have used crystals to naturally improve the appearance of the skin as well as for other non cosmetic purposes.
The Chinese believed that jade restores the natural energy of the skin (qi) by improving the blood circulation of the skin. After using the jade, the skin was visibly nourished and had a natural glow.
Beauty practices have changed since then, but the properties of the crystal haven't. The modern technology and scientific research have made it possible to understand how crystals work, and we have discovered an abundance of other benefits.
In order to offer you a better understanding of how crystal serums work, we will present the final results of scientific research published in the Journal of Cosmetic Science (1). The purpose of this research was to determinate how ground crystals can produce changes in skin appearance. For this, 10 people were chosen to test several creams with a different content of crystal formulations of jade and tourmaline: 0.25%, 1.0%, 3.0% and 7.0% (w/w).
Crystals emit natural wave energy, and for this research an 'IR spectrometer' was used to accurately measure the energy emitted by each formulation. The results have shown that the energy emission emitted by the powdered nephrite jade and powdered tourmaline was almost saturated at 1% content of each powder.
Previously it has been proven that far-infrared rays can increase the peripheral blood circulation, which naturally increases the skin temperature. To demonstrate the effectiveness of the crystal serums applied on the skin, the research team used an 'infrared ray thermal analyser thermography' to detect any slight changes that occurred in peoples skin temperature.
The skin temperature of the subjects was measured before and after the application of the formulations. The results showed that all subjects experienced a rise of temperature on the skin surface with variations between 0.6 and 1.5 degrees Celsius with an average increase of 1-degree Celsius.
The results are incontestable; the crystals emit wave energy to the skin, which is known to have a comprehensive list of benefits for our skin including:
• Stimulate the natural production of collagen and elastin of the skin (2).
• Improve wound healing by promoting collagen synthesis, cell proliferation and keratinocyte motility (3,4).
• Increase the motility of body fluids to deeply penetrate, nourish and detoxify skin cells (5).
• In one study 20 people who received far infrared treatments for 6 months reported a 51-75% improvement in skin smoothness and tightness; a 26-50% improvement in skin tone and color; a 26-50% improvement in the appearance of fine wrinkles (2).
This scientific research has proven that crystals have the power to improve the appearance of the skin, and it's not just an old belief of ancient cultures. Other studies exist in this area and show us how we can obtain the maximum benefits from a crystal. It has been demonstrated that tourmaline, amongst other crystals, emits more energy when their particles are smaller (6). The fine particles of 10 micrometers from the serum used in the research emit far more energy than a mask of larger gems.
This research has also established the difference from the highly advertised crystal infused products and the serums with finely ground crystals in their composition. Crystal-infused skincare just dip the crystal in the formulation and remove it at the end, leaving no actual properties in the product. This is a very different process and would not achieve the results shown above
White Lotus developed the Activated Jade and Tourmaline Crystal Face Serum based on these results. The composition of this serum uses the exact crystal formulation used in the study to demonstrate the benefic properties of crystals on the skin.
Activated Jade and Tourmaline Crystal Serum contains 1% (w/w) of both tourmaline and nephrite jade in a precisely balanced oil and water serum. Following the study, we powdered the crystals to an average of 10 micrometers, which allow the fine crystals to be evenly diffused throughout the serum. This means the serum will emit a substantial amount of natural wave energy on your skin.
The serum also contains bioactive ingredients such as Ginseng, Rose, green tea, jojoba and frankincense and 90% of the ingredients are certified organic. It is certified vegan and cruelty-free and is free from parabens, phthalates, sulphates, detergents, Silicones, ethanolamines, synthetic fragrances, preservatives, mineral oil, petrolatum, palm oil and synthetic colours.
To amplify and prolong the properties of serum you can use it with White Lotus jade roller and Jade Gua Sha.
White Lotus is a company founded by acupuncturists almost 20 years ago who specialize in decoding ancient beauty practices and bringing them to the modern world with the help of natural skincare products.
1. Yoo, B. H., et al. (2002). Investigation of jewelry powders radiating far-infrared rays and the biological effects on human skin. Cosmet Sci. May-Jun;53(3):175-84.
2. Lee, J. H., Roh, M. R., Hoon, K. (2006). Effects of Infrared Radiation on Skin Photo-Aging and Pigmentation. Yonsei Med J. Aug;47(4):485-490.
3. Singer. A. J., Clark, R. A., (1999). Cutaneous wound healing. N Engl J
4. O’Kane, S., Ferguson, M. W., (1997) Transforming growth factor βs and wound healing. Int J Biochem Cell Biol;29:63–78.
5. Shojiro, I., Morihiro, K,. (1998). Biological activities caused by far-infrared radiation. International Journal of Biometeorology September Volume 33, Issue 3:145–150.
6. Junping, M. et al. (2010). Effects of Particle Size on Far Infrared Emission Properties of Tourmaline Superfine Powders. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Volume 10, Number 3.Med;341:738–746.
- Wrinkles, sagging and the signs of aging
- Scars & Scarring
- Stretch Marks
- Hair Restoration
- Short Term
- Long Term
- Face and neck
- Hands, Decolletage or chest.
- Thighs or Abdomen
- Other or a combination of the above
- Sensitive or allergy prone skin
to be taken through to your concern type